One of my favorite videos every year is Google’s Zeitgeist. 53 Sundays and Mondays. 52 Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. 366 days in all. A lot can happen in a year, and this year is no different. There have been great victories, major defeats, amazing adventures, and difficult tragedies. With all of the difficulties we’ve experienced in the past few months, it can be hard to remember the good things that happened this past year.
World Celebrations of 2012
- Queen Elizabeth II celebrated her 60th year as Queen of England on February 6.
- The 2012 Summer Olympics were held in London, England from July 27 – August 12.
- The Curiosity rover successfully landed on Mars on August 6.
- Austrian skydiver, Felix Baumgartner, became the first person to break the sound barrier without any assistance on October 14 by skydiving from the Red Bull Stratos.
- The world did not end on December 21. Was anyone really surprised?
Personal Celebrations of 2012
- We started hosting an international student in our home in January.
- We launched the 4th campus of North Way Christian Community on January 29.
- My oldest child turned 11 on March 2.
- My wife and I celebrated 8 years of marriage in July.
- In September we opened our home to 2 international students.
- On September 30 I left my 20’s in my rearview mirror.
- I was asked to be a part of a new church consulting group in November.
- My wife left her job to stay at home at the end of November.
- We decided to trust God with our finances and began giving a full tithe in December.
Top 5 Posts of 2012 (most views this year)
- A New Chapter 12.12.11 – 543 views
- Gays and Chick-Fil-A 7.27.12 – 261 views
- The Internet, Open-Source, and Government 10.2.12 – 181 views
- Stewardship of Time 3.16.12 – 150 views
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 3.9.12 – 145 views
With 2012 coming to a close tonight, I am looking forward to 2013. I believe that this coming year is going to be a breakthrough year. My theme song for this year is God of This City because of one specific line:
Greater things are yet to come, greater things are still to be done…
That is my prayer and hope for 2013.