I’m hoping to get some feedback on this one from those of you who volunteer or lead volunteers in the world of church production. I came across a great site that was designed for the production teams of Mars Hill (Seattle) this past weekend, and it got me thinking about the production teams at our church. The Mars Hill site seems really cool and I immediately had the desire to create something similar for the volunteers that I work with, but I don’t know if it would really help or if it’s just my desire to be trendy.
So I pose the following questions to you. Take some time and give me your feedback.
If You Are A Volunteer
You are the most important part of any ministry, especially in the world of production and technology.
- What got you interested in serving in the production world?
- What keeps you going and where does the desire to continue to serve come from?
- How could the volunteer experience be better? What can we do to help and encourage you?
- How can we get more people to serve along side of you?
If You Lead A Team Of Volunteers
You have the important job of recruiting, training, scheduling, and protecting up for your volunteers.
- What led up to your role as the leader of your volunteers?
- How do you fight against burnout in volunteers and yourself?
- What have you done to keep your volunteers engaged?
- What is the hardest aspect of your job regarding your volunteers? This could be anything from recruiting to team building or scheduling to retaining.